- Infyni is the data controller of your personal information.
- Purpose and who we are
- What You Agree to by Using Our Site
- What Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information
- External Links
- Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
- Confidentiality and Security of Your Personally Identifiable Information
- Updating or Deleting Your Personally Identifiable Information
- Questions, Suggestions and Complaints
- International Privacy Practices
- No Information From Children Under 13
Purpose and who we are
"Personally Identifiable Information" (i.e., information that can be used to identify you). Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name and email address, among other things. If you reside or are located in the EEA, it can also include your IP address or device identifier. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to Infyni. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Site, the information you receive when using the Site, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
What You Agree to by Using Our Site
Please note that we rely on legitimate interests as the basis for processing your data in the limited circumstances set out below:
- In situations where we obtain your personal data from a source other than you, we process your data on the basis of legitimate interests, until the earlier of (a) the point at which you provide your consent; or (b) the point at which you ask us to stop processing your data on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- We will retain your student records relating to degrees or credit-bearing courses for our own compliance and verification purposes (including where we are required to do so by our academic institution partners), even after you withdraw your consent to our processing of your data;
- We will archive information about your use of our services, even after you withdraw your consent to our processing of your data. This information will only be used in very limited circumstances, such as for defending legal claims relating to contracts we have with you or a third party and retention for audit purposes relating to commercial contracts; and
- We will use information relating to your use of our services for statistical analysis and research purposes, however we delete your name and email address from such information before we do so.
What Information We Collect
We gather two types of information about users through the Site:
Information relating to your use of our Site. When users come to our Site, we may track, collect and aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were "clicked." We also collect information from the URLs from which you linked to our Site. Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Site. We may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
Personally Identifiable Information provided directly by you or via third parties. We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you register for an account, update or change information for your account, purchase products or services, complete a survey, sign-up for email updates or Online Courses, take live classes, participate in our public forums, send us email messages, and/or participate in Online Courses or other services on our Site. We may use the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to respond to your questions, provide you the specific course and/or services you select, send you updates about Online Courses offered by Infyni or other Infyni events, and send you email messages about Site maintenance or updates.
- Account Registration. If you register for an account on our Site, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Updates. Infyni may offer you the ability to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the Site only accessible to registered users. In order to subscribe to these services, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name and email address.
- Participation in Online Courses. Infyni offers users the opportunity to participate in an Online Course on or through the Site. If you desire to participate in a course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address.
- Participation in Live Classes. Infyni offers users the opportunity to participate in an live classes on or through the Site. If you desire to participate in a course, you will be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such a course. This information may include, among other things, your name and email address.
If you participate in an online course or live classes, we may collect from you certain student-generated content, such as assignments you submit to instructors, peer-graded assignments, and peer grading student feedback. We also collect course data, such as student responses to in-video quizzes, standalone quizzes, exams, and surveys. You should not include any Personally Identifiable Information or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, on assignments, exams, or surveys, except for information required to participate or submit such assignments, exams, or surveys.
- Identity Verification. Infyni may offer you the ability to verify your identity for selected classes. In order to enroll for these services, you may be required to provide us or our third-party identity verification vendor with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, address, date of birth, a headshot taken using a webcam, and a photo identification document.
- Communications with Infyni. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us.
- Third Party Sites. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you access or log-in to a third party site, e.g., Facebook, from our Sites. This may include the text and/or images of your Personally Identifiable Information available from the third party site.
- Surveys. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us. This may include details about your race, your education history, and your employment.
- Partner sites. Partner sites providing Online Course related tools and services to Infyni users may collect nonfinancial individual level user data regarding the individual’s use of that partner site while engaged with such Online Course related activities, and the partner sites may share that data with Infyni for the purpose of improving Infyni’s services, the partner site’s services, and the individual’s education experience. This data includes information such as the amount of time spent on the partner site and pages viewed.
- Third Party Credit Card Processing. Infyni provides you with the ability to pay for live classes or Online Courses and other services using a credit card through a third party payment processing service provider. Please note that our service provider – not Infyni – collects and processes your credit card information.